The Ultimate Expanish Spanish Crash Course
This Crash Course is separated into 5 modules of 2 hours each. It is designed for people who want to learn basic Spanish in order to get by in a Spanish-speaking country.
Designed specifically for people wanting to learn the basics of Spanish quickly so they get by in Argentina, Latin America or any other-Spanish speaking countries. Offered in individual modules of two hours each, these bite-size and interactive classes will provide students with the words and phrases needed to survive every day situations. Classes are organized upon request, whether you are a solo traveller, a couple of friends or a group!
The Ultimate Spanish Crash Course in Buenos Aires, Argentina is designed specifically for travellers and visitors who want to quickly learn the basics of Spanish communication needed for everyday situations. The class will help students survive while travelling in a Spanish-speaking country by teaching them the vocabulary and phrases needed when eating at a restaurant, while shopping for souvenirs, and for travelling around Latin America.
The course is divided into five individual modules of two hours each, and each day is devoted to a different theme. Students can choose to take the modules they find most appealing or participate in all five as they are complementary.
Who will benefit from this course?
Below are some examples of the very basic phrases and sentences you will learn in the course. If you can already understand some of these, then you might want to consider trying one of our Intensive Spanish courses instead!
- "¿Cómo voy a La Boca?"
- "¿Me puede traer un bife de lomo a caballo, jugoso?"
- "¿Cuál es la cotización del dolar?"
- "Me duele la cabeza."
- "¿Cuánto cuestan esas botas de cuero?"
- "¿Qué tipo de películas te gustan?"
- "Quiero comprar dos pasajes de coche-cama a Iguazú."
Why book a Spanish Crash Course with Expanish?
- Fun - The crash course is designed to be fun, interactive and engaging and class time includes roleplaying, games, and listening and speaking exercises.
- Informative - The classes are a great introduction to Buenos Aires as they incorporate content specific to Latin American culture and tourism.
- Flexible - The course is created specifically for travellers who have little time in Buenos Aires, and students can take anywhere from one to five days.
- Great teachers - Crash Course professors have years of experience and are passionate about providing dynamic and engaging lessons.
- Added value - The professor will provide course materials that will not only help guide class time, but will also allow the student to review the information at home.
- Premium facilities - The course is held in Expanish's beautiful and completely refurbished, historical building in the very center of Buenos Aires.
What to expect? - The Modules
We have developed five different learning modules, designed to work for people who want to take one module, while also being complimentary for those who want to take up to all five modules.
Each module focuses on key phrases and vocabulary necessary to get by in specific contexts. The goal is for participants to speak straight away and to achieve as much as possible in 2 hours, while also providing the students with the tools to continue their learning outside the classroom by applying concepts to different contexts. This ensures that:
Students taking one module will leave the course armed with the vocabulary to get by in specific situations and key phrases that can be applied to a multitude of situations.
Students taking between two and five modules will build on their vocabulary and phrases with each module they take, while consolidating and practicing the things they have learned in previous modules.
Module I Eat, Drink and Practice your Spanish
On Monday, students will learn how to order food at a restaurant, go to the supermarket, and how to get food delivered to your home. The class will help students feel confident about eating in a foreign country, as they will know that they are ordering and buying exactly what they want.
Module II Shop til you Drop and do it in Spanish
Tuesday is devoted to all kinds of shopping, whether for clothes, souvenirs, or traditional products. This module will help students learn to describe what they want, request a different size, and ask for prices. Students will even get the insider’s scoop on some of the best places to shop here in Buenos Aires.
Module III On the move, travel in Spanish
The Wednesday module focuses on travelling between destinations or around the city, and will help students to use public transportation, ask for directions, buy bus or plane tickets, make hostel or hotel reservations, and ask the locals about some of the best places to visit and see.
Module IV Everyday Fundamentals, Ask for it in Spanish
On Thursday, students will learn all the Spanish phrases and vocabulary needed when running errands, going to the doctor, changing money at the bank, or calling home. The class focuses not only on what to say, but also where to go and will also teach students the best ways to get what they need.
Module V Making Friends and Socializing in Spanish
Friday is devoted to socializing in Spanish, and students will learn basic expressions that they can use to speak with the locals they meet during their travels. Students will practice basic greetings and personal questions and will even learn some Spanish jokes and a little bit of the local slang.